Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Word on the Street - Earth Day!



Hi everyone!


In honor of Earth Day tomorrow, Sunday, April 22nd, I wanted to share with you the cutest and most environmentally-friendly 'doggy bag' I've ever seen, as well as my (and Gwyneth Paltrow's) favorite reusable nylon bags from BAGGU (http://baggubag.com/#Shop).  Every little bit helps, and just to sweeten the deal, BAGGU is waiving shipping fees for all orders placed this weekend.  Enter code 'earthday12' at checkout and save some green, while going green :)



Thinking outside the doggy bag...

I absolutely LOVED this take on take-out in Bali.  Utter genius, and so green--literally!

Little reeds stitch the banana leaves together.  This one was done casually
 for the short walk home, but you could make a completely intact package if you wanted to.


Paper or Plastic?  Neither!

These BAGGU bags can go on the shoulder and are large enough to easily carry one grocery
paper bag's worth.  I've never formally tested its weight limit, but milk, juice, and canned goods
go into one bag with no problem (at least not for the bag; my shoulder is another story).

Close-up of the fabric and stitching.

This is not a BAGGU bag but it's the first nylon bag I ever bought.
I got it in Japan and loved the cherry blossom design.

In addition to using nylon bags, I save and re-use plastic produce bags.  If you're like me and
buy a lot of produce, using these babies once and tossing them  really adds up, in a bad way.

1/3 of my nylon bag collection, not including the ones in storage back home in the U.S.   I know
it might seem excessive but we use them ALL the time and occasionally need to use all of them at one time. 

2 comments:

  1. These Baggu bags are AWESOME. The one you got me for Christmas is used constantly. I honestly had no idea how useful it would be! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you like them and that they're as useful to you as they are to us! :)

    ReplyDelete